Who our guest should be:
- Someone that represents your company well
- Someone who likes to speak to an audience
- Someone who has been a keynote speaker
- Someone who can talk C level and tech
- Someone that has a title/ job that is impressive/ intriguing to Security people
- The interview will be via Skype and audio only (for now). You will get a call from evadot_com at the interview time. Both Michael and Chuck will be on the call with you.
- You do not need a professional audio/video setup (of course if you do, congratulations – it should work even better). But if you don’t, you’ll need:
- USB headset: Plantronics .audio 655 USB Headset. They run about US$30. Do NOT use a Bluetooth headset – they sound terrible. Something like the Sennheiser PC 7 also works well.
- Please do not use the built-in laptop microphone if at all possible. This is only for use if we have exhausted all other options. If the laptop mic must be used, then find some iPhone headphones and plug them in so you hear the audio through the headphones. This will prevent echo coming back into the studio mix.
- USB headset does not mean a headset with two connectors that look the same as those for iPod headphones. It means that it is plugged into your computer via USB.
- Borrow a headset if you have to, it really makes a difference. Put yourself in the audience’s shoes. Clarity will help them pay attention to what you say. And we want them to pay attention to you.
- Have fun! This is conversational and humor is welcome.
- This is not a direct commercial for your company, think of it as a 1 person panel discussion about the Security industry.
- Stay focused, stay engaged… no multitasking
- Sound is important. Control background noise, fans, crowds, driving, typing… please be in a quiet place.
- Try to speak clearly and at an easy pace.
- We edit, its easiest to edit when there are gaps in the discussion
- If two people talk at once, we will edit this out. If this happens simply let a small time gap then repeat. We will cut the crosstalk out in editing
- Dead air in conversation to think of what you are going to say will be edited out and is OK
- Dead air to look something up/ fact check will be edited out, but try to keep this to a minimum… just let us know you are checking something and we will pause so you can make clicks and keyboard sounds to be edited out later
- If you say something that comes out weird and you don’t like it, we can edit that out
- What do you do?
- How did you get there?
- Conversation about you, hobbies, interests, etc
- Will talk a little about news and major security events interactively
- Discuss some of the major challenges with security that you are seeing out there?
- What is commonly missing from a good Security Strategy?
- Why is security such a moving target that’s hard to solve?
- Why are companies still getting hit with ransom-ware and malware?
- What do you think is coming down the pipe at us? What challenges will we face as security practitioners in the next couple years?
- What are the Security technology gaps out there you see the most, where do you think people need to focus right now?